Wednesday 26 January 2011

Back in the Game

Well, it looks like I’ll need to stock up on ProPlus and super strength coffee as the Subversive Runner has had his Patella Reflex Reactionitis repaired and is back in the race. I’m glad to hear Stan the man has confirmed that there is a place still available as I might have found my self at a very loose end one weekend in June.

So, I’ve been around the race for a few years now and learned lots and met some great characters along the way. I’m honored to be doing support with a couple of great guys again this year. We will however be without the fabulous Chris Jenner who is off to fish or some other poofy activity. Me and my name sake Lee Byatt bonded last year, so much so he quickly realised that his roll was to wash pots in the river while I got my head down :)

A new team member for 2011 is the magnificent David Ross, a fellow Strathaven Strider and all round good guy. I have the feeling that a WHWR attempt will be on the cards for him in the very near future. When the Subversive Runners engagement with the race was confirmed this week he informed him by text that ‘he’ll be there to beast him over the Devils’ Fantastic, as this means I neither need to do dishes nor run as I’ve got two strapping blokes for that. So my job will be to mop brows and apply Vaseline to places that don’t normally see the light of day, tell him how brilliantly he’s doing and generally swan around chatting to friends.

His job?……..start at Milngavie and don’t stop 'til Dino gives him a kiss in fort William.
Sounds easy right? I better make sure I fuel the car this year as it takes more than a ¼ tank for the WHWR……oops.

See ya’ll in June
Hasta luego

No comments: